"It is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and by gentleness, than by fear." - Terence
What is a parent coach?
|A parent coach is similar to a coach of any sports team you might imagine. The players may be good or even excel at their sport but any team, even a great team, needs a coach to help give them direction, motivation, set goals for improvement and map out a plan to reach those goals. As a Parent Coach, I am present as a positive, supportive problem solver. Together we tackle the real life issues and situations as they happen in your home.
As a parent coach I am passionately dedicated to coaching your family to SUCCESS.
What are the steps of parent coaching services?
1. Parents contact coach to set up a free 30 minute consultation via phone or in person.
2. Parents decide on a coaching package (see rates) for choices.
3. Parents and coach decide on day and time of sessions and gather basic intake information.
4. Parents provide coach with a short agenda of items they would like covered in their 45 minute session.
5. Coach will provide the highest quality information available on all items listed and any additional issues that come up during the
6. Coach provides a written summary of concepts covered to parents via e-mail within 24 hours of consultation.
7. Parents implement new strategies, using the e-mail summary as a guide, and then provide a summary of effectiveness as well as a
new agenda for the next session.
8. Coach is available for consultation via e-mail between sessions with all packages except the pay as you go package.
What is the difference between parent coaching and family counseling?
Counseling is helpful when serious issues from the past inhibit the team's ability to be functional and happy. Coaching is a service that addresses where your team wants to be in the future. What do you want your relationships to look like, how do you want the home environment to feel and what are the best research based methods of accomplishing your goals?
What are the major benefits of parent coaching to me and my family?
1. You will learn developmentally appropriate expectations for your child.
2. You will learn alternatives to punishment that are much more effective and much less stressful.
3. Your child's self-esteem will flourish.
4. Your will gain a stronger, healthier connection with your child.
5. You will gain confidence in your ability to handle any parenting challenge, anywhere.
6. You will gain control of your home environment and enjoy being with your child.
7. You will gain a sense of calm peacefulness as a parent because you will be empowered with quality information.
8. You will have a life-long resource as the child develops and new challenges appear.
What type of results can I expect when working with my parent coach?
The most critical determining factor to gaining positive results is the level of openness to change and the amount of effort given to enact that change. Results clients have experienced are a new confidence in their parenting, a greater sense of control and a happier home environment. Click here to read testimonials.
What is different about Ruth as compared to other parent coaches available around the country?
Ruth earned her Masters Degree in Counseling, has conducted many years of research in the field of parenting and has worked with hundreds of families, much like other coaches. What separates Ruth from the pack are three major factors:
1. Ruth keeps costs reasonable. She wants as many people as possible to be able to receive support in the area of parenting. Parenting is tough and we all need support.
2. Ruth is the single mother of eight children ranging in age from 9-16 years old. She has experienced first hand the feelings of confusion and helplessness when faced with many different issues related to raising children. She easily empathizes with your current situation because she has been there.
3. Ruth is a contemporary coach offering information from only the most current research and best qualified resources. For example, time outs are out, there is a better, less stressful method that Ruth herself developed based on information from the top authors of parenting theories.
What are the coaching fees?
Please see Rates page for different parent coaching packages available.
Ruth charges between $49.00 and $70.00 a session as compared to $75.00 - $150.00 a session for most parent coaches.
Most families use their medical savings or flex spending accounts to cover the cost of parent coaching.
Educators, child care and medical providers can deduct coaching fees from their taxes as an eductional expense. (Check with your tax advisor for further information.)
How do we get start parent coaching with Ruth?
Call today to set up a FREE consultation in your home or over the phone.
Contact Ruth at:
Parent Coaching Top 10 Reasons How Parent Coaching Works Rates Parent Presentations Child Development Presentations Questions & Answers Upcoming Events About Ruth Fett Testimonials Newsletters Family Links Child Development Links Contact Parent Team